Friday, February 18, 2011

Where I Come From

I am a Southern Lady thru and thru. Each one of us are not given the choice about how we are born. I was born in the early 70's and we did not have much, but we had looking back now I really appreciate what my family had. For supper, I can remember mama frying a pan of  potato's and baking a pan of cornbread and if I was lucky we had a slice of onion on the side. In today's society, unfortunately we live in the moment- if we are hungry we hop in the car and go thru a drive-thru. Well, I want to go back to my roots where I belong- when life was simpler. This being said, if you look back in time for yourself and remember your grandparents or perhaps if you were blessed enough look at your great grandparents and you will see that they were healthier and yes, I believe they were much happier because they did not sit around and worry about things. They took each day as it came and ate what was grown in the garden, got the eggs from their own chickens, and raised livestock for milk and meats. Yes, my family eats meat. I personally think I could go Vegan, however my husband and daughter would think they were gonna starve without meat. Okay so after saying all of this, my point is and this has troubled me for a while- My family needs to eat much better than we do. We need to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies. I urge you to think about this also or perhaps you may already be concentrating on the foods that enter you family's body. Until I blog again....

No comments:

Post a Comment