Monday, March 7, 2011

Giving Back

Well, the last going on three weeks has been interesting to say the least. Bradley finally had his gall bladder out today and I hope and pray this will be the solution to all his stomach problems. I can hear him snoring up a breeze in the bedroom now. I am not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight cause I have to wake time every hour or so to make sure he is ok. He does not deal with being put to sleep very well if you catch my drift. However, so far he has been such a good patient and thanking me for everything I have done for him so far.Well, this takes me back to my journey of 11 years now where I was relying on him to care for me so much as well as work full time and raise our daughter. Not many men would have went through what I have put him and my family through, however he has stuck it out in the good and the bad and to me that is true love. So now it is my duty to care for him just as he has cared for me. This coming June, Bradley and I will be married 16 years and I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did the day I married him. We may have not had much as the years have quickly passed by, but I can tell you what we do have is real, genuine love that only can be put together by God. Oh goodness, there has been times I wanted to walk away and yes at times I did, but I always came back because I knew where I belonged. Now, I'm not going to try to paint a lily white picture of our marriage because he has walked away too, but the road always leads us back to where we belong. Well, that's all for now- there may not be much expression of love in the morning when I take his catheter out, but for now I'll listen to him breathe and wake him every hour so and be the wife to him that for so many years I can't be. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment