Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No...I Am Not Ready, But It's Coming

My daughter attends the South Carolina Virtual Charter School. This has been our first year of being a part of the program and I can honestly say that Ashleigh loves this program. Well, just as with any other school there is a period for registration. I knew it was coming up and that I had to complete the paper work and I really wasn't that concerned. BAM! like a ton of bricks-when I seen the words "High School", I thought I was going to fall out of my chair. You see, Ashleigh has been taking 9th and 10th grade classes, even though she is an 8th grader, but there is something about that my child will be going to "High School" this coming school year has me all messed up. Call it silly, you may, but I am not so sure I am ready for this. I know to everything there comes a season of change, but in my mind, Ashleigh is suppose to still be in the 2nd grade. I called up my mama and cried- her explanation was "Buck up, every kid grows up. I went through it with you" yada, yada, yada... Well, with the up most respect to my mama, she was not my best friend growing up and she had many things going on in her life and much of that I was not a part of. I could go on and on about that, but I am not. However, I do know that I am my daughter's best friend and the situations are much different to say the least. The only way I can see fit to handle this is to put my child in some sorta time capsule and just freeze time. No I am kidding, but I do want to cherish each and every minute I have with her and when it comes her time to graduate and go to college, it is my prayer that she will take with her every ounce of advise and wisdom that I have had the pleasure of giving her. Until I blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment