Monday, July 11, 2011

The Gift of Two Sisters When You Are 37

Sorry it has been a while since I have last blogged, I like many of you have had a lot going on. And I thought Summer was for relaxing....HA! Anyway, I wanted to share this awesome realization I finally after about 25 years stumbled upon. I have TWO amazing sisters! Count 'em TWO! This is a lengthy story, but I'll give you all the short version. My parents were divorced when I was in the 6th grade and then my dad remarried when I was in the 8th grade. The lady he married had two daughters. Then through the ups and downs of teenage years, then into young adulthood I grew to love his wife if she were like my own mama. She is the sweetest and one of the most Godly women I know. Then I would basically only see my "step" sisters only on Christmas and that was it. However, we have been getting together more often and talking and getting to really know each other, now that we are adults...lol. I think this is awesome that I now feel comfortable enough to consider them a part of me and that we are just one big family and there is no "step" to it any longer. You see I am really an only child and to finally let your own stubbornness down and realize that you have two sisters is a pretty awesome feeling. Blessing and Love to you all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment