Saturday, October 11, 2014

Thank You! NO, Really THANK YOU!

My "Sunshine" graduated high school this past June and I am so very proud of her accomplishments. You see, I took her out of the public school system after her 7th grade year, not that she was struggling grade wise, but she was struggling in other areas in which I was blind in. During her 6th grade year, she was bullied and tripped by another student and my child broke her leg, a lot happened over that Summer and into her 7th grade year that I could just shake myself now. However, the past is the past and our family learned much from the tripping and broke leg and believe it or not we are still learning today.

"Sunshine" graduated with Honors in the National Honors Society and Honors in the Art Society, I am not bragging, but not too shabby if you ask this "Mama Bear". I can remember vividly sitting in a conference with the school district due to "Sunshine" missing too many days in her 7th grade year, well let's just call her SS for short was supposed to be there and I can remember one of the school board member's asking where she was. I responded that, "She was in school reviewing for an  Honors Algebra exam." I honestly thought I had been hit by lighting when I heard his response, Well, I don't know why the child has missed over 60 days." WHOA MAMA! Well, I hope he found out that SS made a 96% on the exam!

She started Liberty University 2 weeks after graduating High School and is doing really well and is very happy. After being bullied and sorta being bullied through the school district for doubting her, she is seeking a degree in counseling concentrating on education. Ok...curve ball. Thank you again, girl who broke her leg and thank you again school district. No, really THANK YOU! Without this, I am not sure what my Freshman SS from Liberty University would be so passionate about. Again, this "Mama Bear" is very thankful her "bear cub" wants to help make a change.

2 comments:

  1. Julie Kanagy you deserve a huge shout out because you were Sunshine's first!

    ReplyDelete