Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear Ex Boyfriend - Thank You! (Really)

I want to dedicate this blog to all the girls and women out there who thought they were in love at some point in their life. I'll begin by first of all thanking my first love for breaking my heart. I will not be naming any names due to personal reasons, but for those who know me well will know exactly who this guy was. It has been almost 22 years now and looking back he did me an awesome favor, though at the time I did not see it. After getting through those terrible months of heart break, I began to see the reasons why that relationship did not work out. Call it crazy if you like, but even today I see more and more reasons that relationship was not in God's plans for me. God had bigger and better plans for me and him. God knew that I would not be able to deal with the things that the guy I was dating at the time had ahead of him and likewise the same for me. At the time God was molding me into the person that he knew my future husband needed. So saying all this, girls and women out there who read my blog, just remember that all things happen for a purpose. And nothing happens my accident. When my heart was broken by my first love- good grief not a soul could tell me anything and I was bound and determined to get that boy back, but I did not succeed because God was not apart of it. But you know what...in God's perfect timing He will bless you with the love of you life and you will know without a doubt that it's a "God Thing" so to speak. Now I am not going to pretend that my marriage is Honey Bunches and Milk cause it's not, but it is something that my husband and I work at daily to make things work and by placing God at the head of our marriage it has been better than it ever been. I'll be perfectly honest with you, the night before my wedding to my husband, I received a phone call and this lady that called me told me not to marry my husband and that I would be making a huge mistake. WELL...I am not holding my breath on her thoughts of a huge mistake.Yes there are ups and downs to every relationship, but if that was not the case what would be the point striving to keep it a live. I hope my blog will help someone who struggling to find out if God is in their relationship because when I went through this had I no one and it was a very lonely time in my life, but praise God He lifted me from my hopelessness and put back on my feet to see what was in store for me. Until I blog again....

No comments:

Post a Comment