Friday, June 17, 2011

My Girl- You Are Amazing

As most thirty-somethings, we either have children about to enter high school, or perhaps in middle school and yes- some of my friends have children who are just toddlers and my hat is definitely off to you all cause I honestly do not think I could go back to the toddler days...I have a daughter who will be entering high school officially this Fall. And the reason I say officially is, she has been lucky enough to get several of her high school courses behind her before starting high school. But to be honest the thought of her actually becoming a Freshman terrifies me...I am not sure if it is the fact that she is growing up and will soon be driving and I will have higher car insurance or the fact that my one and only baby will just be here for about four more years and then she will perhaps leave the nest and enter college. I suppose it is only natural to feel this way, but call it what it may...I really prefer not to even think about this.Well, you ask why am I blogging about it? Cause the other day she was yakking on and on about something I do not even recall because I was so captured up in her looks. You see, for the first time in my life, I seen my daughter in a new way. I seen maturity in her face...STOP THE TRAIN! Oh my word, I needed a whole box of Puff's cause I almost let the flood gates of tears come down. Now I know some of you have already went through this phase in your lives and I am encouraged because you all are still thriving and you survived the fact that you children do grow up and life goes on. But for now I choose to savor every moment of this Summer with her and the next couple of years of school she has left because times like this are precious and far between. May God bless you and until I blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment